Legal Information: Privacy, Terms, Disclaimer
Last update: June 2 2018. I reserve the right to make changes to this document at any time, without notice. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Disclaimers for Hulbert Marketing
All the information on this website is published in good faith, and for general information purpose only. Hulbert Marketing does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and/or accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on Hulbert Marketing is strictly at your own risk. Hulbert Marketing will never be liable for any losses or damages in connection with the use of this site. This site is presented "as is".
From Hulbert Marketing, like most sites, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks that go to these other destinations. While I strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, I have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and site content may change without notice and may occur before I have the opportunity to remove a link which may have "gone bad". Indeed I may never remove a "bad" link because I don't regularly monitor them, but please let me know if you notice one.
Naturally, other websites have different terms and privacy policies, too, which are also beyond my control. Make sure you check with them too.
Personal Identification Information
Hulbert Marketing might collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to) when a user visits the site, registers on the site, subscribes to any newsletters or publications, responds to a survey, fills out a form, takes a quiz, shares a page on social media, and in connection with other activities/services/features/resources made available here. Users may be asked for - only when appropriate - their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and relationship status. However, a user may visit the site anonymously, too. I only collect personally identifiable information from users if they submit it voluntarily. Users can always refuse to supply this information, except when it may prevent me from offering them a service they're specifically requesting. Of course, this just means that they won't be able to use the service.
Non-Personal Identification Information
Hulbert Marketing may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they load and interact with the site. This may include browser name, computer type, technical information about how the user is connecting to the site, operating system, Internet service provider, user interaction data, click-tracking, scroll-tracking, mouse-cursor-tracking, and session playback information.
Web Browser Cookies
How I Use Collected Information
Hulbert Marketing may collect and use users' personal information for the following purposes, including (but not limited to):
- Improving customer service. Information you provide helps me respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Personalizing user experience. I may use the information in aggregate to understand how my users as a whole use and experience Hulbert Marketing, and optimize it for your convenience (and/or mine).
- To improve the site & services. If you provide me feedback, I will obviously take it into account (although I may not necessarily act on it, either).
- To process payments. I may use the information you provide about yourself and your billing methods when placing an order or purchasing a service, but only to provide service to that order. I will never share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to provide the service. I will not save your billing information - I will make every reasonable effort to destroy it on my end.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other site activity. To help me coordinate events and features such as these that I think you'll enjoy.
- To send periodic emails. I don't have a newsletter right now, and I have no plans to make one. But if I do, I will use email addresses you provide for that purpose. Naturally I'll make unsubscribing very easy too.
- For case studies and future articles. If applicable, I may use this data (especially site analytics data) for case studies, articles/blog posts (on this site or others), and other analysis.
How Your Information is Protected
I keep as little of your information on my own personal computer & hard drives as possible. Most if not all information is kept only in Google Analytics, Yandex Metrica, or other such analytics providers. Strong passwords are used. I will never hold on to your billing information.
Sharing Your Personal Information
I don't. Unless: it's the bare minimum amount necessary to provide a service that you requested, or if it's in aggregate and/or anonymized in a case study (such as website usage analytics data).
Advertising & Affiliate Links
There may be affiliate links on Hulbert Marketing to other websites, meaning that if you click on the link or make a transaction with this other website based on my link, I will get a referral payment. This is not something I do often, and I only recommend things that I would've anyway, regardless of affiliate linking. I may not always indicate every affiliate link.
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by not only the terms on this site, but all applicable laws and regulations of your region/nation/area, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with these laws. All materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws. All content on this website, unless otherwise specifically indicated, is the sole property of Hulbert Marketing, and you shall not steal it, because that'd be a Dick Move.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials on Hulbert Marketing for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, NOT a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy any materials,
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial, but if you want to use it in an art project let me know),
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this website,
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials,
- Transfer the materials to another person or mirror the materials on any other server or site.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions or break any laws. I may also choose to terminate the license at any time for any reason I see fit, including no reason at all. Upon the termination of the license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic, printed, or any other format.
The materials on Hulbert Marketing may contain technical, typographical, or photographic errors - or even errors of any other sort. Hulbert Marketing does not make any commitment to update these materials.
Any claim relating to Hulbert Marketing shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
The background image is from Subtle Patterns.
Thanks for reading my legal document. Let's all just agree to not be invasive and get along.